Becoming a Member is free and comes with tons of perks! Learn how you can join today.
Why Island Federal is right for you:
Island Federal Credit Union has offered our Members better value and service for their everyday banking, enabling them to achieve their dreams. We help them to purchase a home, send their kids to college and afford a comfortable retirement.
- Credit unions offer financial services just like banks, but with one key advantage – we are owned by our Members. As a financial cooperative, any funds earned by Island are returned to our Members in the form of better rates, lower fees and enhanced services. Banks pay their profits to outside stockholders, not their customers; Island returns our profits to our Members.
- The satisfaction of our Members is always our top priority. At Island, we never lose sight of the fact that we are owned by our Members, so service remains our top concern.
- Every Member account is insured up to $250,000 by National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. Government agency. IRA accounts are insured separately for up to $250,000.
How to join:
Becoming a Member of Island is easy: simply open a Savings Account (we’ll even give you your first $1!). Once that account is opened you are a Member for life and welcome to take advantage of our entire spectrum of products and services that we offer.
For Membership Eligibility, Click Here
To get started:
- Open your membership and account online here.
- Or, if you prefer, stop by any branch and we’ll open your account in minutes. If you want to learn more, feel free to give us a call at 631-851-1100.